Fort Davis ES History

Opened: 1963
Closed: 1999

Fort Davis Elementary School was located approximately five miles from the terminal cities of Colon and Cristobal. The concrete school building was a single story air-conditioned modern structure. During school year 1988-89 two relocatable classrooms were added, and the school was completely carpeted.

In 1979 the student enrollment was 352 students in kindergarten-6th grade. By 1990 the enrollment had decreased to 152 students. Until 1982 a single principal administered Fort Davis and Fort Gulick schools.

Source: Schooling in the Panama Canal Zone 1904-1976, DoDDS Panama 1979-1989

Share This: