Beginning in school year 1952-1953 Fort Buchanan Elementary School was part of the Antilles Consolidated Schools (ACS) which included schools at the Naval Station in Miramar, San Juan; the Fort Buchanan Schools; Camp Losey in Cayey and Roosevelt Roads in Ceiba. The organization and operation of the school system was under the direct command of the Tenth Naval District.
For school year 1954-55 there was a principal and thirteen classroom teachers for grades one through five. Class size ranged from twenty-nine to thirty-four students. Only three classes had less than thirty students.
Information from yearbooks