From 1953 until 1955 the Roosevelt Roads School was run by the Department of Defense and was located in an area that was called “120 Housing.” Grades K-4 had regular teachers, but all other students took correspondence courses supervised by the Principal, Mr. Mantania. During 1955-1957 the Roosevelt Roads Schools became part of the Antilles Consolidated Schools under the direction of Mr. Jesse Stinson, who was the Superintendent, located at Fort Buchanan. The new principal in 1955, Mr. Dick Jenkins, taught grades five through eight and supervised correspondence courses with the University of Nebraska for grades nine through twelve. There were four teachers on the faculty: Mr. and Mrs. Jenkins and Mr. and Mrs. Edmisten. They worked with seventy-five students.