Pepperrell Elementary School was located on Pepperrell Air Force Base in St. John’s, Newfoundland, Canada. The base was previously known as Fort Pepperrell and was operated from 1941 to 1960. The base was named in honor of Sir William Pepperrell of Kittery, Maine, commander of a force of 4200 soldiers and sailors aboard 90 ships, who captured the French seaport of Louisbourg after a 46-day siege on June 16, 1745. The elementary school had an enrollment of over 600 students in grades one through six. The T-shaped buildings of the elementary school were located near the high school. The principal for the 1957-58 school year was John McCormack. The school opened in 1956 and closed in 1960.