The elementary school was dedicated in 1969. Originally, the school was known as Kindley Elementary School which opened in 1947 with grades K-8. The name was changed in the 1970s when the Navy took over the installation from the Air Force. The elementary school consisted of a number of separate rooms and a spacious library-media center.
For the 1981-82 school year, the elementary staff included teachers for art, physical education and host nation. Three years later, the positions for music, physical education and compensatory education were shared between the elementary and high school. The two schools also shared a nurse and speech therapist. There were two sections for kindergarten through second grade and one section each for grades three through six.
The first yearbook for the school was published for the 1985-86 school year with the support of parent organizations. Student activities included chorus, band, yearbook, newspaper and student council. The yearbooks highlighted student literary work as well as events such as school assemblies and programs. The school song was included in the 1987 yearbook.
Mr. Herbert Bennett was the elementary principal for many years. Mr. Dave Morris became the principal for the 1986-87 school year followed by Mr. Michael Dickman. Charles Yahres served as the assistant principal under Mr. Dickman.
By the late 1980s the population began to decline and in the 1990s the elementary and high school were combined. During the 1993-94 school year, the old elementary school was closed. Grades K-3 were moved to new classrooms and grades four through six were located in the high school building. In the 1986-87 school year, preschool classes were added to the enrollment. By the last year of the schools, 1994-95, the combined school had a student population of 150 students.
The school closed in 1995.