Lakenheath Dependents School was later known as Mildenhall Dependents School and is now known as Mildenhall Elementary and Junior High School. It was an elementary school and was opened in early November of 1952 with Mr. Ernest Miller as principal. Mr. Miller came to England from the Dependent School system in Japan. His teachers were the wives of military personnel stationed at Lakenheath and Mildenhall. The following fall the first stateside teachers arrived. A later principal of the school, Miss Reed, was in this first group of teachers. Mr. M. G. Leonhard, who became a Dependent School principal in Germany, was principal of the school during the two years which followed the opening term. In the summer of 1955 Lakenheath Dependents School was moved from that base to a RAF station six miles away. Since it was then located on Mildenhall Base, it became known as Mildenhall Dependents School and then Mildenhall Elementary and Junior High School.
Information from yearbooks