St. Nazaire American Elementary School was located in the Le Baule housing area for the base at the seaport of St. Nazaire. The port was an American port located in southwestern France. The port was opened by the Americans in 1953.
Catherine M. Moreau was the principal at the first through eigth grade school of forty-five students for the 1954-55 school year.
The school was closed in 1966 as the American forces were leaving France.
Information from Dependent Schools in Germany and France, 1954 and military internet sites