St. Jean d’Angely-Fontenet American Elementary School was located on the airfield that was made available to Americans. The airfield was a repository for equipment and vehicles. The principal for the 1954-55 school year was Alice E. Turner and there were sixty students in grades one through eight. The school closed in 1956.
Information from Dependent Schools in Germany and France, 1954 and military internet sites