Schwaebisch Hall American Elementary School was located at Dolan Barracks, one mile from the historic town of Schwaebisch Hall, Germany. The school was opened in 1947. In 1954 the school principal was Mr. Harvey P. Owen, and the enrollment was 111 students.
In 1981 the school was described as a single story, relatively modern structure with eight classrooms, a library/learning resource center, teachers’ lounge, and administrative offices. The school had grades K-6 with an enrollment of 200 students. The staff consisted of seven teachers.
By 1987 specialists in LD, reading, physical education, music, art, speech and counseling were shared with Crailsheim. ESL, TAG, and nursing services came from Heilbronn. Psychologists, a physical therapist, an occupational therapist and community nurse came from the Educational Resource Center in Stuttgart. A computer specialist from the district office in Stuttgart provided services to the school. Junior high age students attended school at Crailsheim Elementary/Junior High School which was eighteen miles away. High school students were bused to Stuttgart High School.
The enrollment was stable from the eighties until the school closed in 1993.
Information from DOD School Information Guides