R├╝lzheim ES History

Opened: 1951
Closed: 1985

Ruelzheim Elementary School was in the village of Ruelzheim on the southern edge of the Rhineland Pfalz. Karlsruhe was sixteen miles southeast. Ruelzheim Elementary School was the only American facility in the town. The school-aged children from Germersheim were bussed the four miles to the school each day. The school was a two-storied, converted German school building. There were five classrooms, a teachers’ workroom, supply room, three attic rooms, and an office. The playground was quite small. There was no lunch facility, so all students brought their lunch and ate in their classroom.

 

Information from DoD School Information Guides

Share This: