Leipheim American Elementary School was opened in 1952. In 1954 Ms. Helen M. Wall was the principal and there were 148 students in grade one through eight.
The school had a gym, four classrooms, a library/media center, and an office. The school was surrounded by the Germany and American housing areas. The school building was maintained by the German government.
During the 1981-82 school year there were four teachers at the school for the sixty pupils in grades K-6. Six years later there were 100 students enrolled.
The school closed in 1992.
Information from DOD School Information Guides