Lechfeld Dependents School History

Opened: 1946
Closed: 1947

American Army units moved into the Lagerlechfeld area in early May 1945. In December 1945, the facility was turned over to the United States Army Air Forces, which renamed it Army Air Force Station Lechfeld. It was used by various units as an occupation garrison until it was closed on 1 June 1947. The facility was put into “standby” status and turned over to the Army garrison in Augsburg.

No details are available about the dependents’ school.


Information from online resources

Share This: