Landsberg ES History

Opened: 1947
Closed: 1955

In 1974, the United States Air Force established an Air Base Group at Landsberg as a detached unit for Erding Air Base. In 1949, the base was designated as Landsberg Air Base. The American base became a German Training Center in 1955.

The principal for the final year of the school, 1954-55, was Fred Z. Harris, and there were 233 students enrolled. The dependent school had up to eighth grade.


Information from online resources

Share This: