Pforzheim American Elementary school was opened in 1956. The city of Pforzheim is located at the edge of the Black Forest in southwestern Germany. The school and military community were located within a short distance of two German villages and received support from the Stuttgart military community.
The school was a well-kept building with three classrooms, a library, and multipurpose room. There was a large play area for the school. The school was built in 1956. For the 1981-82 school year there were forty-five pupils and 2.5 teachers for grades K-6. The staffing and enrollment were consistent through the school’s history.
The school was closed in 1992.
Information from DOD School Information Guides