Delmenhorst American Elementary School was located approximately six miles southwest of Bremen, Germany. The school was originally built in 1952 for the dependent children of Great Britain’s military troops. In 1964, it became an American dependents‘ school.
The school had grades K-6 with approximately sixty pupils. High school students attended school in Bremerhaven.
The facilities consisted of six classrooms, and Education Resource Center and a supply room.
The school was closed in 1991.
Information from DOD School Information Guides