Böblingen ES/MS History

Opened: 1954
Closed: 2015

The Boeblingen Elementary Middle School was located on Panzer Kaserne, a U.S. Army Post approximately two miles from the city of Boeblingen near the large city of Stuttgart, Germany. The school consisted of single, four-story building which was formerly a German Army Barracks. The school had over forty general purpose rooms with a library, auditorium, cafeteria and offices. The playground was over five acres with approximately one acre hardtopped.

When the school opened in 1954 there were 789 students enrolled in grades K-6. Ms. Dorothy T. Hamilton was the first principal.

For the 1981-82 school year the school still had students in grades K through six and an enrollment of 340.

The school was renovated for the 1989-90 school year. That year there were 420 students in grades K-6. The staff included learning disability teachers, compensatory reading and math teachers, a counselor, speech therapist, art, music, physical education, gifted education, and a host nation teacher. By the 1993-94 school year the school was redesignated as a K-8 school with an enrollment of 220 students. For the 1994-95 school year, the school was again an elementary school with 190 students.

The school closed in 2015.

 

Information from DOD School Information Guides

Share This: