This school was formerly the Subic Naval Station School. It was renamed for the 1955-56 school year. The school enrollment for that school year was 408 students in grades 1-12. A correspondence high school was attempted for twenty students, most of them children of contractors who were building the base. Since this trial program was not successful, the school board insisted that an accredited high school be organized. With expanding enrollment, new schools were planned. Until then, twenty-one quonset-type housing quarters were converted to classrooms to provide the needed space. To combat the heat in the quonset huts, all classes began at 0710 and ended at noon, according to George Wright, superintendent.
The school closed in 1960 when two new elementary schools were opened.
Information from DoDDS-Pacific Region 1946-1986