Dean Worcester School (formerly Leonard Wood) History

Opened: 1925
Closed: 1941

This school, which opened in 1925, was a wooden building five feet above ground. The children used to play jackstones under the building. Classes would often stop working to listen to the 24th Field Artillery Band. In 1930, Mrs. Torrez who had been a student at Leonard Wood School became a teacher at Dean Worcester School. The school remained in operation until December 8, 1941, when waves of Japanese planes bombed and strafed Clark Field.

Information from DoDDS-Pacific Region 1946-1986

Share This: