Wagner MS (formerly JHS) History

Opened: 1967
Closed: 1991

For the 1967-68 school year, Wagner Junior High School was opened. Due to a large enrollment and lack of space, seventh and eight graders were on double sessions. Wagner Junior High became Wagner Middle School for the 1972-73 school year. At Wagner Junior High, phasing in modular scheduling for language arts and mathematics were implemented as well as team teaching. The sixth grade was added to the junior high school at the start of the 1968-69 school year. This was one of the first steps toward making the school a non-graded middle school.

In 1980, the Clark schools were reorganized. Wagner Middle School now served students in grades five through eight.

The school closed in 1991.

Information from DoDDS-Pacific Region 1946-1986

Share This: