MacArthur Elementary was a new school that was opened in August 1974 although it was still incomplete. Because of its central location, most of the K-5 students walked to school. A MacArthur teacher reported that desks and furniture arrived the day before school opened and supplies took a while to arrive. In 1980, the Clark schools were reorganized. MacArthur school now served students in kindergarten through grade four. This same year the Developmental Center at MacArthur served preschool special education students and TMR children, aged 6-21.
The school closed in 1991.
Information from DoDDS-Pacific Region 1946-1986