In September 1955, the United States Army established the American Dependents School, and the school operated under this name until 1957 when the U. S. Navy established a Naval Air Station and officially renamed the school Matthew C. Perry School. In 1958, the air station reverted to the U. S. Marine Corps. The school retained its name under the new command and comprised a correspondence high school with one teacher and four elementary school teachers. In 1977, the school was separated into a high school and an elementary school, with separate faculty and principals for each school. In 1984, the two schools were once again combined into a single unit school under the supervision of a principal and assistant principal. By 1987, the schools were separated once again, in 2018 MC Perry JHS became Matthew C. Perry High School.
Matthew C. Perry High School comprises grades 9 through 12 with approximately 230 students and a faculty and staff of thirty educators. The school provides a general education curriculum much like any public high school in the United States, with college preparatory courses, various electives, and a career and technology education (CTE) program for students who wish to become involved in a work environment during the school day.