Yukai School was located in Johnson Family Housing on Johnson Air Station where the 6041st Air Base Group was located. It was the second school (building) opened as part of the Johnson Elementary School and was a new, completely modern building. Between Hilltop and Yukai, the school population totaled 300 students in grades kindergarten through eight. Eight of those students were in eighth grade. The younger students attended Hilltop. Grades two, three and four were housed in the facility in later years. In 1960, Yukai had sixteen teachers and eight staff members for three hundred ninety-five students in grades two to four. The school had a Junior Red Cross club, a school newspaper and a library club. Yukai continued to have these grades for several years.
Sources: Japan District DOD Dependent Schools History 1946-2009 and school yearbooks