The Narimasu Elementary School in Grant Heights was opened September 1947 with an enrollment of 700 students, a faculty of 30 and about 30 Japanese National employees. In 1953 two additional wings were built on the main building. In 1956 Kindergarten and grade 6 students were assigned to attend the Drake kindergarten and middle schools which were located at Camp Drake a suburb of Tokyo. For school year 1970-71, these students returned to Narimasu when the Drake schools closed. Additionally, grades seven and eight were added to Narimasu Elementary School.