Eta Jima Dependent Schools History

Opened: 1950
Closed: 1954

The school had three buildings (see the yearbook in our Yearbooks section). There was a principal, five high school teachers, and six elementary teachers (combination two-three, four-five, seven-eight, and nursery-kindergarten class). There were four seniors, five juniors, eight sophomores, and four freshmen in the high school.

The school yearbook was the Washi No Kinen (Eagle Memories) and the school newspaper was the Eagle Eye. The school had a basketball team and cheerleaders. The basketball team played local military teams as well as other schools and participated in the high school tournament. The drama club presented two plays during the year and the chorus participated in several school assemblies.

Share This: