Dreux American Family School opened in 1954 with thirty students in grades one through eight. By the 1956-57 school year there were 360 students enrolled in the school and the ninth grade was added. There were four teachers for the junior high school with fifteen ninth graders, seventeen eighth graders and twenty seventh graders. The principal was Mr. Harold Boynton. The students were involved in many community activities including collecting food and clothing for Hungarian refugees. There was a boys’ soccer team, student council, junior high yearbook staff, safety patrol and school chorus.
The school closed in 1966 when all American troops were withdrawn from France.
Information from the 1957 Vapor Trails combined yearbook