What is AOSHS?
The American Overseas Schools Historical Society is a non-profit organization that collects, records, preserves, and exhibits historical memorabilia of the American Overseas Schools. Members promote global knowledge and understanding of this unique endeavor, as well as providing the opportunity to research a significant chapter in the history of American education.
AOSHS will collect, record, maintain, and preserve relevant American Overseas Schools’ memorabilia and historical documents, provide research opportunities for same, and establish exhibits to inform interested persons of the unique overseas school experience.
- Establish multiple exhibiting locations.
- Grow membership through communication and accountability.
- Develop comprehensive marketing plan to spread the AOSHS brand.
- Increase fundraising and grants for support and growth of AOSHS.
- Pursue partnerships with local communities; defense related companies; former students, teachers, and administrators; and other organizations that will focus on strengthening the awareness and knowledge of AOSHS.
Approved by Board 7 November 2018